Team Sales & Showcase Manager
Job Description – Posted October 11, 2019 (PDF Version here)
Office Location: Thornton, PA
Position Type: Full-Time
Position Level: Experienced; Bachelor’s Degree Required
Positions Available: 2; Open until filled
Pay: $60,000 (combination of base salary & commission with opportunity for quick growth); retirement plan with employer matching contribution
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume with contact information, and three (3) references to Bob Dignazio at
At Victory Event Series, we believe athletics changes lives. We believe in delivering a fun and competitive event grounded in good sportsmanship. We believe in delivering unforgettable events and delivering an elite lacrosse experience for elite athletes.
For more information, please visit our website: www.VictoryEventSeries.com
Victory Event Series – Team Sales and Showcase Manager Position
Victory Event Series is looking for an energetic sales professional with lacrosse experience who can continue to build Victory Event Series into a nationally renowned organization that provides elite experiences for elite athletes. We are looking for two individuals with track records of sales, lacrosse coaching, and/or experience in college recruiting (as a college coach/recruiter or high school/elite coach).
The successful Team Sales and Showcase Manager is responsible for securing club, youth, and high school lacrosse teams to play in one or more Victory Events tournaments, as well as elite high school players to participate in college recruiting showcases. The Team Sales and Showcase Manager strengthens existing team relationships while cultivating new ones. He or she diligently find avenues to reach coaches and elite players before and during their decision-making process so as not to miss the registration window. The Team Sales and Showcase Manager also directs social media campaigns and serves as in-office lacrosse expert on Victory Event Series lacrosse events owned or co-owned by Pattison Sports Group.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for contacting local, regional and national club/high school lacrosse coaches at times/hours that allow for live communication to register for one or more Victory Events. Utilize Victory database of clients to call, text message, email, and interact on social media. Find strategic avenues to find teams and expand client base.
- Activate and enlarge showcase enrollment pipelines to successfully recruit and manage lacrosse college recruiting showcase events prior to tournaments.
- Manage Victory’s Social media platforms (including but not limited to: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat) to increase awareness and interact with lacrosse constituencies and partners.
- Manage and grow the database of current club lacrosse coaches from around the country.
- Make at least 30-40 outbound calls per day attempting to reach lacrosse coaches.
- Includes nights and weekend work-days per VES tournament schedule, which earns days off for weekends worked.
- Develop relationships with college coaches to attend VES events
- Serve as expert on all lacrosse issues and questions
- Enhance club, high school, and college coach relationships to stay current on new teams and events forming.
- Help with the set-up, game day operations and break down of VES events
- Work VES events as assigned – PSG to provide transportation, accommodations and meals
- Work lacrosse related conventions/expos/clinics that help build club team relationships
- Assist in all new Summer & Fall Tournament conversations
- Prospect for new leads
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Google Drive
- Past experience in sales, lacrosse coaching, and/or college lacrosse recruiting required, with experience in a sales or recruiting CRM (FrontRush, Salesflare, etc.) preferred
- Experience managing social media platforms
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and remain extremely organized
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing circumstances and overcome obstacles as well as an ability to learn new software programs
- Very strong organizational skills
- Demonstrate leadership of a team in a real-life setting; experience managing others
- Effective time management skills, with a strong ability to manage multiple projects and timetables.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to think outside the box and tap into creative solutions for meeting leadership needs
- Ability to travel and work weekends in varying markets – expected to work upwards of 10 weekends per year, predominantly in June/July and October/November.
Generally, this job is in the office 40 hours per week but includes additional travel paid by Victory Event Series for weekend tournaments and/or showcases. Victory Event Series currently operates 10+ tournaments and four showcases nationally.
About Pattison Sports Group & Victory Event Series
Pattison Sports Group (“PSG”) is Philadelphia’s premier sports marketing firm, owning and operating numerous events nationally. It’s two largest event brands include the Victory Event Series and Healthy Kids Running Series, an inclusive community-based national nonprofit. In addition, PSG owns and operates the Sports Career Forum, 5280 Race Series and First Steps Lacrosse.
Victory Event Series was founded following the launch of its original lacrosse events, the Boys Summer Slam Lacrosse Tournament and Inter-Ac Invitational. Since its inception, Victory’s presence in the lacrosse market continues to expand nationally. In 2020, Victory will host lacrosse events in Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Texas, Tennessee, Louisiana, and Arkansas.
Pattison Sports Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to providing a diversified work environment, free of discrimination and harassment.