Event Management Assistant
Job Description – Posted October 11, 2019 (PDF Version here)
Office Location: Thornton, PA
Position Type: Part-Time; hourly
Position Level: Entry Level
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Pay: Commensurate with experience
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume with contact information, and three (3) references to Bob Dignazio at
At Victory Event Series, we believe youth athletics change lives. We believe in delivering a fun and competitive event grounded in good sportsmanship. We believe in delivering unforgettable events and delivering an elite youth sports experience.
For more information, please visit our website: www.VictoryEventSeries.com
Victory Event Series – Event Management Assistant Position
Victory Event Series is looking for a competent, energetic and organized professional with a passion and experience with the sport of lacrosse.
As the Event Management Assistant, you will be responsible for assisting with the management and execution of lacrosse tournaments and events within the Victory Event Series umbrella. This includes the event planning process from initial brainstorm to game-day execution. It includes coordinating with teams, facilities, and internal staff to deliver elite events. The successful candidate will show the ability to learn Victory Event Series processes in the spring and activate tournaments in May and June.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Event Planning & Project Management
- Supporting the event management process from conception through execution.
- Includes managing shipment/delivery and assisting with facility relationships.
- Assisting with supervision of summer interns.
- Game Day Operations
- Assisting with pre-event setup, and managing relationships with contractors
- Managing Tournament Operations throughout the duration of the weekend. This includes but is not limited to: hiring and managing event staff, event scheduling and posting results, ordering materials, coordinating vendors, event signage, and management of post-event activity including clean-up and travel.
- Addressing coach/team issues on the fly
- Manage weather communication to teams regarding delays, postponement and rescheduling
- Other tournament duties as assigned
- Client Services & Communication
- Assist team sales representatives with client services
- Write event announcements for website and blog
- Marketing & Brand Management
- Coordinate with staff to ensure vendors and partners are receiving the promised deliverables
- High School Degree Required; Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Google Drive
- Past internship experience in event management or marketing
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and remain extremely organized
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Very strong organizational skills
- Demonstrate leadership of a team in a real-life setting; experience managing others
- Effective time management skills, with a strong ability to manage multiple projects and timetables.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to travel and work weekends in varying markets, primarily in June.
Generally, this job is in the office 20-30 hours per week (January through March) with increased hours in April through June. Includes additional travel paid by Victory Event Series for weekend tournaments and/or showcases. Victory Event Series currently operates 10+ tournaments and four showcases nationally.
About Pattison Sports Group & Victory Event Series
Pattison Sports Group (“PSG”) is Philadelphia’s premier sports marketing firm, owning and operating numerous events nationally. It’s two largest event brands include the Victory Event Series and Healthy Kids Running Series, an inclusive community-based national nonprofit. In addition, PSG owns and operates the Sports Career Forum, 5280 Race Series and First Steps Lacrosse.
Victory Event Series was founded following the launch of its original lacrosse events, the Boys Summer Slam Lacrosse Tournament and Inter-Ac Invitational. Since their inception, Victory’s presence in the lacrosse market continues to expand nationally.
Pattison Sports Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to providing a diversified work environment, free of discrimination and harassment.