Pattison Sports Group, LLC, owner and operator of the Victory Event Series, was founded in 2008 in one of the worst economic times and has blossomed into a niche event management firm focused on delivering a handful of regional and national events. Our current focus includes lacrosse, running and basketball.
In addition, PSG’s nonprofit Healthy Kids Running Series is quickly becoming the largest youth running program in the nation. In 2020 we’ll host over 50,000 youth runners across 240+ locations nationwide. Please explore below for current openings on our staff!
Event Manager (Full-time)
Office Location: Thornton, PA
Position Type: Full-Time
Position Level: 1-3 years relevant experience; Bachelor’s Degree Required
Positions Available: 1; Open until filled
Pay: Commensurate with experience; retirement plan with employer matching contribution
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume with contact information, three (3) references, and salary requirements to Bob Dignazio at
Victory Event Series is looking for a positive and energetic professional with passion and experience in lacrosse who can continue to build Victory Event Series into a nationally renowned organization that provides elite experiences for elite athletes.
The successful Event Manager is responsible for the management and execution of lacrosse tournaments and events. This includes managing the event planning process from initial brainstorm to game-day execution. It includes coordinating with teams, facilities, internal staff, and business partners to deliver elite events. The Event Manager also serves as in-office lacrosse expert on Victory Event Series lacrosse events owned or co-owned by Pattison Sports Group.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
Event Planning & Project Management
- Supporting the event management process from conception through execution.
- Includes managing supply orders, shipment/delivery, and facility relationships.
- Schedule a select number of tournaments.
- Assist with supervising summer interns and developing internship program.
- Managing Tournament Operations throughout the duration of the weekend. This includes but is not limited to: hiring and managing event staff, event scheduling, posting results, coordinating officials, securing vendors and sponsors, securing teams, ordering event signage, coordinating communication, and management of post-event activity including clean-up and travel.
Game Day Operations
- Overseeing pre-event setup, and managing relationships with contractors
- Addressing coach/team issues on the fly
- Manage weather communication to teams regarding delays, postponement, and rescheduling
- Other tournament duties as assigned
Client Services & Communication
- Acting as a point of contact for club directors and teams to answer questions about tournaments and make connections for clubs as needed
- Management of Leagueapps registration software and Salesflare CRM software, and communicate to teams about new developments and benefits
- Assist team sales representatives with client services, including event-specific communication to club directors and coaches
- Follow-up with unpaid teams and teams without waivers/rosters leading up to the event to ensure compliance.
- Address registration/waiver questions from teams and parents
- Write event announcements for website and blog
Marketing & Brand Management
- Manage digital marketing budget to magnify ROI
- Coordinate the relationship with our design firm to ensure consistent brand message across events and marketing materials
- Coordinate with sponsorship sales staff to ensure vendors and partners are receiving the promised deliverables.
Potential responsibilities could also include (according to experience and interest):
- Girls’ event leadership
- Sales CRM oversight and development
- Social media management and development
- Team sales
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Ability to work as a positive member of the Victory Event Series team
- Possess a strong work ethic
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Google Drive
- Preferred: social media experience (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Hootsuite, Canva), CRM/sales database experience (such as Salesflare), and registration database experience (such as Leagueapps).
- Past experience in game management, event management, marketing or project management.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and remain extremely organized
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing circumstances and overcome obstacles as well as an ability to learn new software programs
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to think outside the box and tap into creative solutions for meeting leadership needs
- Ability to travel and work weekends in varying markets – expected to work upwards of 10 weekends per year, predominantly in June/July and October/November.
Generally, this job is in the office 40 hours per week but includes additional travel paid by Victory Event Series for weekend tournaments and/or showcases.
Victory Summer Specialist Internships
- Event Management & Operations Specialist
- Web & Social Media Specialist
- CRM & Communication Specialist
- Lacrosse Showcase Recruiting Specialist
Looking for experience in Event Management and Sports Marketing? You came to the right place! Victory Event Series is a national leader in providing elite sports experiences to elite athletes and teams throughout the United States. As a summer intern specialist, you will learn how to successfully plan and execute operational and game day event elements, coordinate marketing and communications, and learn from industry professionals in a fast-paced, fun environment. We are offering internship specialist positions in the following areas:
- Event Management & Operations
- Web & Social Media Coordinator
- CRM & Communication Coordinator
- Lacrosse Showcase Recruiting Assistant
These are paid internship positions to current undergraduate and post-graduate students with a desire to learn about the sports management industry.
Specific Duties: Lacrosse Tournaments – assist event director with pre-event staffing, promotion and planning, creating on-site operations plans, fulfilling logistics needs, and overseeing weekend staff/volunteers. Execute game-day tournament plans and manage the entire lacrosse tournament experience. The 2021 Summer Schedule includes ten tournaments and six showcases.
Additional Duties: Work weekend events as needed; includes travel to Texas, Atlanta, Nashville and/or NJ/DE/MD.
Reports To: Bob Dignazio – Vice President
Desired Skills: Organized, Self-Motivated, Confident, Assertive, Detail Oriented
Qualifications: Must be at least 18 years old pursuing a bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or sports management with a strong knowledge and/or interest in men’s or women’s lacrosse.
Salary/Wages: $10.00/hour with overtime expected in June;
Summer 2021 Internship: May 10 – July 30, 2020 (12 weeks)
To apply: Please email cover letter, resume with contact information and three (3) references to Bob Dignazio at before Friday, December 11. Interviews will be conducted over winter break, and may include a combination of phone, video, and/or in-person meetings. Please identify for which position(s) you are applying in your cover letter.
Weekend Event Staff
Do you have a passion for lacrosse or youth athletics, and looking to obtain sport and event management experience? Victory Event Series is hiring part-time event staff to work Saturday and Sunday tournaments.
- Registration Assistance
- Field Coordinating (Keeping Score & Time, Counting Penalties, Acting as an on-field liaison with the Head Tent, Reporting Scores)
- Onsite social media amplifier
- Shuttle Driver
- Trash Hauler
- Parking Staff
- Brand Ambassador for Partners/Vendors (brands TBD)
If interested, please Complete This Quick Online Form and a staff member will be in touch!
Pattison Sports Group Internships
Are you looking for experience in Event Management and Sports Marketing? Do you have an interest in entrepreneurship and building an event from the ground up? Our Internship Program offers both undergrad and post-grad individuals opportunities to learn and grow over the course of a 15-week Summer Internship or semester-long internship.
Jump feet-first into a fast paced environment and help the Pattison Sports Group execute events around the country. PSG owns and operates the Victory Event Series and West Chester Basketball Leagues, as well as founded and manages our national nonprofit youth running program, Healthy Kids Running Series.
Pattison Sports Group & Healthy Kids Running Series offer paid internships to current students and post-grads interested in a fast-paced entrepreneurial sports marketing and event management experience.
- Must be 18 years old, pursuing a bachelor’s degree in business with a strong knowledge and/or interest in men’s or women’s lacrosse or running.
- Report to senior staff member in their respective department, gaining experience and learning directly from PSG/HKRS leadership.
- Organized, self-motivated, confident, assertive, detail oriented
- Be a team player with a ‘no job too small’ attitude willing to work hard all summer.
- Able to work 40+ hour weeks and weekends in our office in Thornton, PA (Summer Only; Fall/Spring interns can be part-time based on available positions)
- Able to travel (expenses paid by PSG/HKRS) offsite to Victory Event Series events
- Must have transportation to and from the office as well as your own housing.
- Believe in the benefit of youth and high school sports in the growth of student athletes as individuals while understanding and abiding by our philosophy of bringing a professional attitude and experience to the world of youth sports.